The PERFECT PUD' for NEW YEARS EVE!
CHOCOLATE SELF SAUCING SPONGE PUDDING.
Made in minutes and tastes simply devine!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 9-10 minutes (microwave*) 25-30 minutes (oven)
Granny Delicious Fudge Icing Mix (any flavour is good)
50g melted butter
2 Tbsp boiling water
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
100 ml milk
1 cup Self Raising flour
1 1/2 cups Boiling water
1 cup Brown sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa powder
Grease a 200-250 mm round oven-proof or microwave proof dish
1. Empty fudge mix and flavor sachet into a bowl, add melted butter and mix, add water 1 tbsp at a time and mix until blended
2. Add lightly beaten eggs to icing & mix well
3. Gradually add milk & mix well
4. Add flour & mix well
5. Pour into oven-proof dish
6. Mix cocoa and brown sugar together and sift evenly over the pudding through a sieve
7. Pour second measure of boiled water carefully over the back of a large spoon covering the top of the pudding
8. Pop in oven at 180 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes OR if you’re pressed for time, microwave* on High for 6 - 7minutes!
9. Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar and whipped cream or scoop of ice cream
*Based on 900 watt microwave
If using Chocolate Orange fudge mix, finely grate orange zest into pudding mix for extra orangey zing!